Terms of Service
CANCELLING, CHANGING OR MODIFYING AN ORDER
If you have placed an order and would like to cancel or change the order or otherwise modify the information that you entered on the order form (i.e. shipping address, billing address, etc.), you may do so if the order has not been processed and shipped by calling our Customer Service Department at 800-331-0097, option 1. Because we typically ship within 24 business hours of receipt of an order, it is important that any cancellation or change be made promptly. Our Customer Service Representatives will do everything that they can to stop an order from being shipped. However, once an order has been placed, there is no guarantee that we can stop shipment! In the event that we ship your order prior to receiving your cancellation or change request, you may return any or all items by using our return procedure. Please be aware that restocking and freight fees associated with returns will apply. (See Return Policy and Procedure).
COMPLIMENTARY FREE SHIPPING
TEC offers complimentary free shipping on all standard deliveries of grill orders that are shipped to a location within the Continental Unites States. Although shipments outside the continental U.S. are not eligible for free freight, a discount equal to a standard U.S. shipping fee will be applied (see Orders Shipped Outside the Continental United States, below). Grill Pedestals shipped alone do not qualify for free shipping. On any return, the customer is responsible for all shipping charges, including any costs incurred in getting the product both to and from the customer unless the item is damaged or defective. (See our Return Policy and Procedure).
ORDERS SHIPPED OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES
Customers located outside the Continental United States must submit their order by telephone to our Customer Service Department at 800-331-0097, option 1. Shipments outside the Continental U.S. do not qualify for free shipping; however, a freight discount equal to a standard US shipping fee will be applied. The customer is responsible for all duties and tariffs that may apply.
STANDARD DELIVERY FOR FULL SIZE GRILLS AND CABINETS
Full Size grills and cabinets typically leave our warehouse within 5 business days and are normally delivered within 1 week of the ship date. These items are shipped via freight carrier. Please be aware that we do not control the shipping companies and cannot make delivery happen on a certain day. Shipping outside the Continental United States usually takes 4-6 weeks. The freight carrier will contact you prior to delivery to arrange a delivery time. The phone number used to contact you will be the daytime and evening phone numbers that you provide when you make your order.
Once the freight carrier has contacted you to arrange a delivery time, you must respond to their call within 1 business day. If the freight carrier must store your shipment due to the fact that you have not responded to their call, you will be responsible for paying all storage fees.
DO NOT MISS YOUR DELIVERY APPOINTMENT
A redelivery and/or storage fee will be charged to you if there is no one present to accept delivery. If you authorize the freight carrier to leave the delivery without someone present to inspect and accept it, TEC will not be responsible for damages that may occur during shipment.
Required Signature/Customer’s Duty to Inspect Shipment
A signature of the party accepting the shipment is required by the freight carrier at the time of delivery. DO NOT SIGN THE CARRIER’S DELIVERY RECEIPT WITHOUT FIRST INSPECTING THE SHIPMENT. Make sure that you count your packages and that the number of packages you receive is consistent with the number noted on the delivery receipt. If it is not, you may sign the delivery receipt and accept the shipment; however, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTE ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT THE CORRECT NUMBER OF PACKAGES RECEIVED AND NOTIFY OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT OF THE SHORTAGE. It is also the customer’s responsibility to inspect for damage (see Inspecting Shipment for Damage below). If you authorize the freight carrier to leave a delivery without a signature or if you do not inspect your shipment for damages or the correct number of packages received at the time of delivery, TEC will not be held responsible for the damages or missing packages you later find.
A complete street address is required for delivery. Because full size grill and cabinet orders are sent via freight carrier, we are unable to ship these items to rural routes, remote areas not in close proximity to areas commonly serviced by freight carriers, APO/FPO addresses or P.O. Boxes.
Shipments made by freight carriers are curbside only. They will be delivered to the nearest ground level entrance of your home or business. Exceptions include apartments, unusual driveways, narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads or any other obstacles that impede delivery. For apartment residents, deliveries are typically left at the apartment’s main office. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of any problems with this type of delivery at the time of purchase. Some freight carriers offer additional assistance for a fee, but this must be arranged through our Customer Service Department when making your order.
IMPORTANT: INSPECTING SHIPMENT FOR DAMAE
We put a Shockwatch on all of the boxes that contain TEC grill heads to help you determine whether a grill has been dropped or otherwise mishandled during shipping. The instructions on the Shockwatch notify the customer that the color red on the test strip indicates potential shipping damage and that the customer must note this on the delivery receipt. Below is a picture of a Shockwatch that has been activated.
If, at the time of delivery, a package appears to be torn, crushed, dented, or otherwise damaged or if the Shockwatch has been activated (red appearing on the test strip), you should ask the freight driver to open the carton and inspect the contents with you. The driver is required to wait for you to unpackage the item and inspect it if there is reason to believe that the item has been damaged during shipping. If damage is found, refuse the shipment and write “Refused due to Damage” on the delivery receipt. Be sure to keep a copy of the delivery receipt with your damage notations and report the damage to our Customer Service Department as soon as possible. If there is no obvious evidence of damage to the item despite the fact that the carton has been dented or crushed or the Shockwatch activated, you may sign the delivery receipt and accept the shipment. HOWEVER, IT IS IMPORTANT that you note on the delivery receipt “Damaged” as this will allow us to file a claim in the event concealed damage is later found.
If the Shockwatch has not been activated and the carton is in good condition, the freight driver is not required to wait for the customer to unpack and examine the item. Once you sign the delivery receipt and accept the shipment, the driver will depart and it is your responsibility to unpack and inspect the item for damage immediately. PLEASE KEEP ALL PACKAGING MATERIAL in case you discover damage or defects after delivery, so that you can repackage the item for return.
IMPORTANT: Freight carriers require that we report shipping damage within 15 days of delivery. On occasion concealed damage cannot be detected visibly. It is therefore very important that you assemble and use your grill after you have unpackaged and inspected it within the time restrictions imposed by the freight carriers for reporting damage. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for operating instructions and guidelines. If you detect that your grill is not operating within the guidelines set forth in the Owner’s Manual, please contact our Customer Service Department immediately.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES
TEC offers free shipping on all standard deliveries. However, shipping fees will be charged to customers under the following circumstances:
1. Remote or hard to reach areas (e.g. Martha’s Vineyard) may incur additional shipping fees. If this is the case, a Customer Service Representative will contact you to approve this charge prior to shipping your order.
2. Certain circumstances impede delivery such as unusual driveways, narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads or other obstacles. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of any of these types of problems at the time of placing the order. TEC is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered due to a shipping company’s inability to deliver to a particular location. If a shipment is returned to TEC due to these type of circumstances, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways.
3. Shipments returned to TEC under the following circumstances will be treated as a return, and the customer will be responsible for shipping costs both ways. In these situations, our Customer Service Department will contact you to reattempt delivery; otherwise a 20% restocking fee will also be applied.
The freight carrier’s inability to deliver as a result of an incorrect address
The freight carrier’s inability to reach the customer to set up delivery
Failure of the customer to meet the mutually agreed upon delivery date
Customer’s refusal of delivery of a non-defective or undamaged item
RETURN POLICY AND PROCEDURE
You may return any TEC product with or without cause under the following conditions:
1. All product returns require a Return Authorization (RA) number. The customer must contact their TEC dealer to authorize a return within 30 days of the date of purchase or 35 days from the date of shipment in circumstances where the product is shipped to the dealer or customer after the sale.
2. TEC’s Customer Service Department will contact the customer to issue the RA number and schedule the return shipment, including arranging a pick-up time and payment terms. Shipping costs on returns are the responsibility of the customer (see Customer Assumes Cost of Returns).
3. The product must be returned in good and clean condition in its original packaging with all paperwork and parts to ensure full credit. (Important: Save your packaging in the event of a return.) Grills that have been modified or damaged by the customer may not be returned.
4. The RA number must be put in a prominent location on the outside of the packing prior to shipping. Our warehouse does not accept return shipments unless an RA number appears on the outside of the packaging.
CUSTOMER ASSUMES COST OF RETURNS
Customer assumes the following costs of returning a grill that will be deducted from their refund: all shipping costs associated with the sale (both ways), a $50 restocking fee, a $50 repackaging fee if the customer has unpackaged the grill, and a $100 refurbishing fee if the grill has been cooked on.
1. If an item is damaged upon arrival or if we ship the wrong item due to our error, we will pay for the return shipping and send you a replacement at no extra charge; however, the customer must notify TEC within 15 days of receipt of the shipment.
2. If a product is defective, TEC will repair or replace the product within the warranty period free of charge. For more details, refer to the warranty page in the Owner’s Manual.
GRILL ACCESSORIES AND REPLACEMENT PARTS
We ship smaller items by UPS, FED EX, etc. The customer is responsible for arranging the shipping of returns for small items, such as grill accessories or parts, that are not defective or damaged; however, an RA number must be obtained prior to returning any item to TEC (see Return Policy and Procedure).
IMPORTANT: Our warehouse does not accept return shipments unless an RA number appears on the outside of the packaging. We recommend that you insure your package and retain your tracking information. In the event you do not receive a credit on your return, you must contact TEC with proof of delivery in order to receive credit. TEC cannot be responsible for issuing credit on return shipments without proof of delivery. If your return arrives to us damaged, you must file a claim with the shipping company to be reimbursed. TEC is not responsible for damages during shipment on returns where the customer has arranged the shipping. However, if we ship you the wrong item or if the item arrives to you damaged or defective, we will arrange pickup and be responsible for any shipping damage that may occur.